Similar to Roscoe Village and St. Ben’s, Ravenswood is far enough off the beaten path to be clean and quiet, but still close enough to the “hot spots” to lure a growing younger crowd into its predominantly family-governed streets. Ravenswood is located from Ravenswood Avenue west to the Chicago River, between Montrose and Bryn Mawr Avenues, and was once home to a large German population. Not all the original German families have flown the coop, and it shows in the charming restaurants, shops, and outdoor caf├ęs. The area is diverse and always changing, and the Ravenswood El weaves through more as if giving a tour than as a mode of transportation.

City of Chicago Vehicle Stickers

All Chicago residents driving, parking, leasing and/or owning a vehicle for which they are responsible in the City of Chicago are subject to the Chicago Wheel Tax and must purchase a Chicago City Vehicle Sticker. This includes Chicago residents that maintain their registration outside of the City of Chicago, but use the vehicle in the City. We want motorists to avoid costly tickets: You must purchase a Chicago Vehicle Sticker within 30 days of residing in the City or acquiring a new vehicle to avoid late fees and fines.

Click Here for more details.

Residential Parking Permits

Chicago’s Residential Parking Permit program is designed to restrict parking on designated residential streets during specified hours, except for the residents of that street, guests of the residents or those who provide a service to the residents. This program helps to ensure that residents of densely populated areas have reasonable access to parking near their residences. Cars parked in violation of this ordinance are ticketed.

The City of Chicago does not mess around. The city has a dillignet parking patrol staff that will ticket you if you are in a spot where a permit you don’t have is required. All spots that require permits are marked with white street signs. Please look out for them!

For more information, contact the city clerk at 312-744-6861 or email info@chicityclerk.com. We also recommend that you ask your Real Estate Agent, Leasing Agent, or Land Lord about parking permit requirements in your area.