- Receives an average of 30,000,000 annual visitors?
- Gets approximately 30 inches of annual precipitation?
- Has about 13,550 police officers?
- Has approximately 27 mounted police?
- Has an average of 2,890,000 residents?
- Is approximately 228 square miles?
- Has about 3,780 miles of streets?
- Has the world’s longest street? That would be Western Avenue.
- Has almost 148,000 manholes?
- Has 40+ miles of bike lanes?
- Is home to the Harold Washington Library Center which is the world’s
largest public library?
- Has about 49 museums?
- Has the world’s largest modern art museum which is the Museum of
- Has an average of 4,260 firefighters?
- Has about 110 fire stations?
- Is home to 105 hospitals?
- Has approximately 198 neighborhoods?
- Has an average of 600+ public school buildings?
- Has 560 parks?
- Produced the first Roller skates in 1884?
- Is home to the world’s largest free public zoo: Lincoln Park Zoo,
located at 2200 N. Cannon Drive?
- Produced the first All-Star baseball game in 1905?
- Holds 200+ annual parades?
- Has about 6,400 bike racks?
- Has approximately 18 miles of lakefront trails?
- Is home to Art Institute of Chicago which is the world’s largest
collection of impressionist paintings outside Paris?
- Has the world’s largest Tiffany dome: Chicago Cultural Center?
- Has 4 buildings that are taller than 1,000 feet?